Background

Thursday, May 17, 2012

We Love Our Room Moms!

End of the year.  Whew.  There is so much to do before that much anticipated break!!  I know this might sound interesting, but this is the first year that my school has room moms!!  What a blessing room moms have been!  The Kindergarten teachers have been doing this for the room mom gifts for years, but I wanted to share because it is ADORABLE!!

First, we painted pots white and made little green lines to create grass.

Then, each child came up and they got to create a butterfly, ladybug, flower, caterpillar, or bumble bee with their finger.  I let the child of the room mom pick what they wanted to be, but I chose for everyone else... I wanted each pot to be even!  ...Maybe that's the control freak in me. :)

We then drew legs, antennas, etc. on on the finger print pictures, and wrote around the top of the pot.  We painted a clear protective coat on the pot and we will plant a flower in them before we give them away next week.  So cute!


Hope this helps if you were needing an idea!  Happy almost Friday!

Love, Sara :)

9 comments:

  1. LOVE these Sara!! I'm thinking maybe mother's day next year?! I don't have any room moms either :( so I understand, girl! Someday hopefully I will!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the room mom for my daughters kindergarten class, these are so cute!

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com
    spencerjb0711@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing the exact same thing (and I mean EXACT!) for about 10 years. That's so weird. My room moms always love the.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I never thought I could have a good read by this time until I found out this site, It’s have been trusted by many individuals and business organization.
    Regards
    Early Childhood Education - Little Millennium

    ReplyDelete
  5. kindergarten school in india are an extension for your child's quality learning experience that begins with our kids play school and Nursery programs and aims at preparing kids for a successful career.
    pre schools in india
    pre school education
    kindergarten school
    kids play school

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I love about your article is that it is unique and loaded with substance which really captivates me. Some of the blogs today are not very informative and that is why site visitors will not read the full post. But yours was different. I'd like to thank my friend also for referring your blog to me. Hope to see more of this. Keep it up!
    Regards
    Playschool Franchisee - Little Millennium

    ReplyDelete
  7. kindergarten school are an extension for your child's quality learning experience that begins with our Pre school education and Nursery programs and aims at preparing kids for a successful career.

    ReplyDelete